Saturday, March 28, 2009

Stars

Its 8:00, later than I usually stay up, but I was captivated by the stars.  I know at home we don’t see them all that clear, but here they are great.  I was walking back to the appt, when I noticed them.  I just kind of had to stand in awe of them.  Some bible verses came to mind about the stars and the heavens, but that’s not what hit me.  What hit me was not so much about the stars themselves, but about music.  The hymns we sing, the praise songs we sing are being sung straight to God.  The writers know that and so should we, but somewhere between the repetitions of singing them I seem to have forgotten to whom I sing.  I’ve forgotten that the God I’m singing to created the heavens and all that in them is.  Sometimes we sing the songs so flippantly, so arrogantly, so disrespectfully that I don’t think that God would have us sing to him at all.  It's not just praise music, I’ve seen it and probably done it in hymns and praise music.  As Louis Gigleo would say we need to re-right size God.  I think sometime we forget that, God isn’t our size; he has a canvas the size of the sky that he paints on.  Well, that’s my ah-ha moment for right now, it came from God to me and I hope it touches you too.

No comments: