Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Travel can be fun.......

I have internet again......well maybe its still. We got all packed up this morning, checked out of the motel, over to the airport in plenty of time for our flight. We stood in line for hours waiting then got told eventually that our flight to port had been canceled because of strong winds. So we are back at the same motel again. its pretty nice, for the first time in quite some time I'm acting like a tourist in a tourist area......amazing I know. Our flight was rescheduled for 615 tomorrow morning, this means that we have to be up extremely early. Even earlier than I was up this morning.

Being back in this climate is sure amazing. I don't know if its the climate specifically or if its the "I know I really don't have any classes to weigh me down" mentality, but whatever it is I'm loving it. I don't know for sure, but it feels like the start of something coming back that I haven't felt since I left the Marshall Islands. Today has been really nice, after we found out that we weren't leaving today, we were given the day just to do what we wanted to. So far today I've eaten 2x, swam in the pool, sat by the pool, walked around the very nice compound here at the "resort", and now gotten on the internet. Its a pretty relaxing day, or I think so.

I know I'm not in a totally immersed scenario, but learning spanish, I'm learning is way easier when that is mostly what you hear. I have picked up and remembered quite a bit more spanish than I thought I remembered or knew, its really cool.

Well, I think I'm going to go for my next activity, a nap. We'll see what tomorrow brings, but it could be quite some time (3 weeks) before I get internet again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Learning a language in its own country is really the only way to go. I learned that when I was down in Mexico for six weeks. It was amazing how much I learned. You, I think, will come back speaking Moskito. :) Anida lat wan and the like (where is the pain). :)