Saturday, September 20, 2008

Priorities, you have to have priorities

Something that being a Student Missionary has taught me this far is to analyze where I put my priorities.  In the states it seems like there is more time to do things, but maybe thats just because I'm a student there, here I'm a teacher, and have to be a "responsible adult."  I'm still not quite sure what that means, but hey I'm not getting in trouble, so I guess I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.  I figure as long as I do what I'm told and put my spin on it, its ok.  

Another thing this experience so far has taught me is the importance of solitude.  Right now I'm alone in the room, which is amazing.  I'm listening to Rich Mullins, and very comfortable.  I don't know what I would do if I couldn't take quite a bit of solo time.  People ask me why I'd want to, I reply why wouldn't you want to?  Its kind of interesting, they go on Marshallese time here, which is "you start when you start, not at a time."  I used to think this would be terrible for me and I'd hate it, but I've come to realize that I'm not going to change them, and they aren't going to change me, so I'll just bring a good book and be there up to 45 minutes early and just read, more alone time usually.  It has also allowed me to read more of the bible.  I'm reading so many new things, or re-reading so many "new" things.  Its amazing that God can re-teach you the same lesson multiple times through the same story, or a new lesson through the same story.  Its like how did I forget this or how did I not see this before?

Well, It think my laptop battery is about to die, so I should probably bid adu.  I hope you all are having a good weekend back stateside.

No comments: