Thursday, September 25, 2008

Yet another fun filled, action packed week here in the Marshall Islands

Today is a holiday here on the island, I'm not exactly sure as to what its for, I asked some of my students, but none of them could give me a straight answer, just its a holiday, duh.......I knew that already, oh well, its a day I don't have to teach.  It didn't stop me from getting up very early.  I've been getting up at about 4:30 for the past 2 or so weeks.  I really don't care though, I feel fully rested and fine, so its all good.  I also go to bed around 8:30, so really its a full 8 hours of sleep.  

 

I was amazed this morning when I read an email from my dad.  I wasn't so much amazed that he sent me an email, but I was surprised at something he said.  He said that he'd see me in just 255 days.  I hadn't been thinking about how long it was until I actually come home, but that really doesn't seem like that long.  I know when I think about it in months, it does, but just 255 days, not to bad, but then at the same time, it is kind of a long time.  There is part of me that says that I've been here long enough to experience what missions is like and now I'm ready to go home, but there is another part of me that is so thrilled that God is using me to help out over here, and why would I want to go home any earlier than God has plans for me to go home.  I guess its kind of a constant struggle, especially when you know that your family and friends are having so much fun back at home.  It can get really tough, but then you just have to remember that you are doing good here too.  

 

I'm working on getting some pictures posted to picasa, so that you guys that keep up with my blog, you will be able to see some pictures as well.  

Well, I should probably get going on other things now.  I hope all of you are doing well.  

This is the link for my blog pictures:  http://picasaweb.google.com/stbaker1986/BloggerPictures?authkey=sjU7ZMfxyYE#



 

No comments: